RSS Feed

HOMEMADE BIBIMBAP & DIMSUM

0

Saturday, July 12, 2014 by

Frankly, it’s ain’t easy to find korean food restaurant in Jakarta, even finding the one that serve delivery service. I love vegie but I’m not vegan, so Bibimbap is one of my favorite meals because it gives balance nutrition and mostly from vegie. Bibimbap in Indonesia is like Lengko. Bibimbap is served with vegie like carrot, cucumber, mushroom, kimchi, and spinach with gochujang sauce and meat, while Lengko is served with vegie like cabbage, bean sprout, cucumber, and tofu with peanut sauce and crispy snacks. I’ve already made Lengko with my grandma. Then, making Bibimbap is just about being creative because the ingredients are hard to find in Indonesia so I made gluten free goochujang sauce in my own. Just need coconut oil, garlic, ginger, onion, fresh tomatoes, spicy sauce, sesame oil, salt, pepper, and surely paprika powder. The keys of gochujang sauce are ginger and paprika powder. I process the vegies by boiling it and the quickly fried in coconut oil, say sauce, and sesame seeds. Here is the presentation of my homemade bibimbap.


Then, I also made my own dimsum/ siomay. I just know that the secret key of chewy dimsum is a squash (in Indonesia means labu siam). I use fresh grilled chicken, prawn, and mackerel with ratio chicken:prawn:mackerel is 2:1:1. Then I added starch, a little flour, grated squash and carrot, grilled mushroom, fish oil, sesame oil, chicken brooth, spring onion, salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Mix the dough well and leave for some minutes. I cast the dough to little container and also slip into tofu then boiled it.

At last, I also made my own excess-boiled eggs. In Indonesia, it’s called “telur pindang.” It have sweet or salty taste, depend on your desire how to cook it. If you want the sweet one, you must add more soy sauce in. Just prepare the boiled eggs then peel the skin. Excess-boiled eggs mean we cook it again in some hours till the eggs absorp the flavored-water and the taste will move to the eggs. The boiled water must be added with bay leaves, lemon grass, tea, salt, brown sugar, ginger root, ginger, and soy suce. You also can add five-spices or cinnamon to make it sweet. After the water is run out after cooking, just leave the eggs in some hours so that the colour inside will more darker.


Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.